November 19, 2011

A Saturday Adventure

This morning we woke up and decided to go on a family adventure! We drove to a little town north of here called Marshall.

First stop, the local coffee shop.


Second stop, a walk around the town.

Akilah LOVES trains so naturally the railroad tracks were a huge hit.


Walking across the bridge to the island. (There just happened to be a local handmade craft event going on! What perfect inspiration for our entrance into our handmade/homemade/local holiday season.) Akilah greatly enjoyed carrying around the touristy map of the town as our guide.


She also has a HUGE love for railroad crossing signs. She was so giddy, she could barely contain herself!


2 comments:

Kim&David said...

Such fun! I love Akilah's hair! She's getting so big. Where does the time go?

Nettie said...

Thanks! I have no idea where the time is going! Eeeek. (The hair was no fun to get that way on either of our parts.... If it were up to me, I think all kids should be bald until they can take care of their own hair.) :)