August 10, 2010

Summer Fun

Ahhh it has been a long time! Honestly I doubt anyone ever reads this (except maybe my mom), thus the lack of effort on my part. We have been having a very busy and fun summer! Akilah is growing like a weed, talking up a constant storm and we are stoked to no longer be using diapers. This summer has been filled with lots of walks to the west asheville tailgate farmer's market, pool time, hikes, camping, potlucks, clothing swaps, playing at the park, and play dates with friends.

It also has been filled with Tony and I working many jobs and trying to balance it all out. While I am doing work, he watches Akilah and Silas (the little boy we nanny for). And when it is T's turn to get work done, I am of course in charge of the kiddos. The key has definitely been lots of play, outings, and getting nothing done around the house. Two children is no picnic by any means (for us at least!). Although we do have a ton of fun and feel super blessed, lucky and grateful to be able to have one of us at home at all times raising our incredibly amazing child. We also feel very grateful to be able to be such an integral part in Silas' life too! Although at this point he is still only 7 months old, he and Akilah giggle, play, "talk" and entertain each other. Akilah has also had a fantastic (yet challenging) learning experience surrounding sharing. ahh good times.

We have not been able to afford to travel or go on vacation, but hope to head to the beach this fall. We have to wait until it gets a lot cooler so we can camp. Akilah has never been to the beach so that should be a fun adventure! I am also in the process of gearing up for the start of the semester. I am teaching 6 credits this fall; all courses I have taught before. I am excited to get back into the swing of things and head into the woods on four separate weekend expeditions.

2 comments:

Richard Black said...

Well, there are more readers than just your mom. Keep blogging....

Nettie said...

tee hee thanks!!