The days are just flying by! Two weeks ago we went on a field trip with Akilah's school to Mountain Farm. What a lovely day! Lavender labyrinth, baby goats, mama goats, chickens, picnic in the sun, and the laughter of children as they ran around.
I also had a lovely Mother's Day complete with a Lavender White cake from Short Street Cakes (the same folks that made our wedding cake) and Tony treated us to thai for dinner. Yumster!
We also went to a plant sale at the community garden in our neighborhood. We got tons of veggie starts for our new beds. Squash (two varieties), zucchini, melon, two kinds of eggplants, three varieties of tomatoes, two kinds of marigolds (for pest control), red bell peppers, green peppers, and chard. They are having another sale again this weekend, I hope to go check it out (I believe they will have some elderberry).
Last week I took a four day certification course with the Professional Climbing Instructor's Association. It was intense and a blast. Then Wilson's awards ceremony and graduation were this past weekend. So all that means...... I am now officially on summer break!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment