February 15, 2012

Hilarious valentines

Happy St. Hilarious Day! ~ The first February that Tony and I were together (2004) we created our own non-commercialized (non-gift centered) holiday celebrating one another, smiles, laughter, and fun. We also used to host gatherings for friends, but slowly shifted away from that tradition after Akilah was born. We would love to bring it back again next year though!

(A and T made me some very sweet Hilarious Day cards, but I have yet to take photos.)

And Happy Valentine's Day!


This year we actually celebrated Valentine's Day! Akilah was very excited, as she was celebrating it for the first time at school. They each had a secret valentine and were asked to make a small hand sized gift (or find in nature). She gave her friend a small red silk that she dyed a few months ago and made a card out of construction paper, markers, glue, buttons and a few stickers. She had a blast, as she loves anything crafty - especially involving using her scissors, anything to do with stickers, and writing. Oh and the buttons. How she loves playing with our jars of buttons!


This was the first year (yes, VERY shocking I know) that I actually celebrated Valentine's Day with a significant other. Tony and I had a most lovely evening at home and I made salmon burgers and a selection of other yummy treats.

These grain free lemon poppyseed cookies:

and Coconut Lemon Meltaways, and Cookie Dough Bites (both also grain free).

Here is Akilah wearing fairy antenna made for her by one of Tony's bass students:

1 comment:

Kim&David said...

Happy St Hilarious Day & Valentine's Day to you as well! Akilah's artwork is beautiful. So sweet!