March 15, 2012

Spring Break

Last week we celebrated Tony's birthday with this
grain-free vanilla bean cake.
Akilah colored an adorable mug for him! Buuuuut then the drawings started to wash off. (How do I get the marker to stay on? Following the directions it came with did not work.)

As I am on spring break this week, we were able to escape to the beach for a few days!


We camped at the campground on the northern end of Hunting Island:
it ended up proving crucial that we be: 1. near the playground, 2. near the ocean, and 3. near the breeze.


Truly beautiful.

Akilah was definitely an ocean girl!



My favorite moments were watching her run around in the water! I took a gazillion photos, but will spare the details.

Akilah is incredibly excited to climb to the top of the Lighthouse next time.

We had a lovely time strolling around the remainder of the island as well.




No comments: