Today we ventured downtown to the Healthy Kids Festival. There was a portable wall and Akilah wanted to try! She has been asking me to take her climbing for a few years now (since she started seeing me play with gear when I started teaching a top rope site management climbing course.) I would LOVE to take her, but her hesitation for so many things involving actually leaving the ground made me hesitant to invest all the time it takes to drive out and hike in to actual rocks, set up, and only for her to potentially climb for all of less than 5 minutes...
Needless to say I was thrilled! Although at the time I was trying to nurse Kaia, take photos, deal with crowds, keep us all warm (it was actually rather chilly and windy today), and out of the direct sunlight (Kaia got a little too much sun yesterday...) all at one time. Perhaps my non-involvement was actually helpful, she did great with Julie coaching her.
 |
| Getting her harness on. |
 |
| All clipped in and ready to go. (The auto belay looks like it is pulling her off the ground...) |
 |
| So bummed this one is blurry! Look how proud she is! |
 |
| Silas jumped on the wall too! |
No comments:
Post a Comment