April 22, 2013

EC Journey

So far I haven't figured out a pattern of when Kaia goes or common body language, noises, etc. But I guess it is only day 3...




Because she poops the tiniest little amount all the time, all day long, I have been keeping a prefold on her or just under her without a cover and change it the second she pees. (This means I really need to find more prefolds because she goes a lot!) And each time she goes we say "chee chee". (Tony came up with that one!) Hopefully this step will help her recognize that staying wet is not comfy. Or normal.

There are many pottying positions in which to hold an infant and I am assuming they key is to pick one or two and be consistent. On the first day I held her with her back against my chest (the basic under thigh hold) and over the bathroom sink (she LOVED the mirror) and she pooped right into the sink! Score! (No one else was home to share the glory of our first "catch".) Alas we have not been successful catching anything since. I try to put her in position after she wakes up in the morning and from naps, but she does not actually go right away. (She of course goes a few minutes later after I lay her down on the bed.)

Edited: Oooooo Just caught another post-nap poop! Looks like the side lying/whilst nursing hold over the toilet while mama sits on a stool is working for us thus far.





No comments: