January 13, 2014

Birthday Preparations for our sweet almost 6 year old

Today I was busy preparing for Akilah's 6th birthday!

Her birthday bunting is hung.

The birthday ring is assembled, her birthday crown is out, and a few gifts are wrapped (or re-wrapped as may be the case here...)

I was also busy baking; I made these delicious grain free vanilla cupcakes (except that I used coconut oil instead of grapeseed and honey instead of agave.) The first two batches were for her birthday treat to take to school tomorrow and instead of frosting them I hid a raspberry inside each one. Brilliantly delicious.

And then for her birthday celebration at home I made this paleo chocolate frosting. YUM.


And since we were away for the holidays and never made cookies, I promised her we could make some for her birthday. While she was at school I prepped the dough for these paleo gingerbread delights.



No comments: