Most Sundays around here are crock pot days....
A brief history - Akilah had always been an amazing eater. All kinds of yummy homemade baby food concoctions involving super porridge and kelp power... But then she hit 2.5 and turned super picky. After reading the book Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne and talking with a number of amazing friends, we created a rhythm chart regarding food for each week. It is simple yet flexible with how I might interpret the plan on any given day, and is slowly helping Akilah get back into eating a variety of foods again.
Anyway, back to the original reason for this post...
This morning after I assembled what will turn into dinner, I just had to take a photograph. It was so beautiful! And then I thought back about each ingredient and realized that they are all (with the exception of the salt and pepper) local.
All the veggies (rosemary, onions, garlic, chard, pole beans, and potatoes) are from our CSA at Warren Wilson.
The beef stew cubes are also from Warren Wilson. (Yesterday just also happened to be meat pick up day --- We had ordered and split a cow with a friend, so our freezer is stocked!)
The bone broth was made last week with beef bones from Hickory Nut Gap.
Yummy (hopefully!) local dinner. I love the crock pot.
It is delicious!! I love the rosemary flavor. Good thing my family tolerates my soups and stews, because I pretty much make them all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment