October 2, 2011

Mama Solo

(The little red sweater is slowly coming along! Now I am knitting the body, and will come back to the sleeves and the collar.)

This past weekend Tony and Akilah spent some Papa-Daughter time together camping. They went to Carolina Hemlocks with friends.

Why did I not go you ask? Well, my students handed in rough drafts of their huge (basically senior) projects this past Friday. I have had to read all of them over the weekend to return on Monday.

Of course I was not going to actually read programs every minute of the entire weekend, it is a process (albeit a long one). SOO this left me home alone. All weekend long. For the first time in almost 4 years!

Lovely. Peaceful. Chilly.

Lots of snuggle time with the doggies, until I realized that they had fleas again and I banished them back to the basement. Isn't it getting too cold for fleas??

Knitting. Coffee. Tea. Homemade tonic. Movie watching. A haircut.
Girl time with one of my favorite people.
Lots of soup (chicken and chard or tomato. Over and over again - Yum!).

Quality quiet kitchen time - more yogurt, baba ghanoush, beans, more bone broth,
butternut squash and white bean soup using this recipe (although I used chard instead of kale because that is what we got in our CSA this week).


Now I am still eagerly awaiting the return of my family. I can't wait to hear all about their weekend!

No comments: