October 8, 2011

pumpkins

So every weekend I try to either can or freeze something for us for the winter season. It's not much, but a start in the right direction.

Today was test out my newly acquired food mill day! So Akilah and I made pear sauce, not very much mind you, but it is still delicious nonetheless.

Today was also all about the pumpkin. I lost count of how many I roasted, but do know that they took multiple different installments in the oven...




There is now a large quantity of pumpkin sitting on our kitchen counter cooling, waiting for a turn in the food processor. Then I have all sorts of plans for it: (How do I create links that work instead of this cutting and pasting disfunctionality I have going on???)

Muffins as per the recipe here..

Pumpkin Butter as per the recipe here.

Squash pancakes - as per the recipe we use from the cookbook Internal Bliss

The possibilities are endless!

And a large quantity of seeds from said pumpkins are now in the oven slowly roasting. Yum! I am going to use some of them to make pumpkin "nut"butter. I have also made a pizza crust from pumpkin seeds before that was a hit, so perhaps will try it again.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Yum!!! that all sounds awesome. Your canning is very inspiring, way to go. To create a link you just highlight the word or words and then up at the top of the page there is the word "link"( that is blue on my page with a line under it.)
then click on the word link and there is a spot to put the web address. Its pretty col and easy:)

Nettie said...

thanks Jane! I am going to try it.

chercicidesigns said...

You can also put a < at the beginning of the site and a > at the end and it will light up as a link.
Cheryl