February 18, 2013

Naming Day! and more photos

Today is the day we name Kaia. And here are some more photos of Kaia's first few days.

Me and my girls! (Transitions with a new baby are hard! The expression on Akilah's face pretty much sums up their first few days together.)
Nana to the rescue! Here they are needle felting a mermaid.

Holy massive amounts of sweetness!

Akilah holding Kaia for the first time.
Akilah is now in love with her baby sister.


These are the photos Tony and I took after we named her Kaia June today! Well worth the wait. I am not a fan of naming someone before I meet them. Names are a big deal and we were not in any hurry. (Although it was definitely a process that was NOT helped by unsupportive friends and family. For future reference nagging about a name is annoying, stressful, and not helpful. At. All. Basically what I am saying is just shut the hell up and we will tell you when we are ready.)

A supportive friend sent me this:
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
by any other name would smell as sweet;
and such sweetness you bathe in!
Happy Birthday Mama!
I just love her!

 
Kaia June


Yum!!! (Akilah and Julie brought me the daffodils. So lovely!)

1 comment:

Kim&David said...

Well after all your hard work,I am so happy your little girl is here safe and sound. She's perfect!