July 10, 2013

Day Trip to Baltimore


After taking Akilah to the disappointing aquarium in Gatlinburg (here, here, and here) a few months ago, I vowed to take her to the National Aquarium in Baltimore during our adventure this summer. Yesterday was that day.

Akilah, Kaia, my Mom, my Dad, and I all piled into my Dad's car yesterday morning and we headed to Inner Harbor. Upon arriving in Inner Harbor, we got into a little car accident. (We are all fine, the car is not and now needs the driver side door and rear left passenger door replaced.) (Another story for another day...)

While my Dad was waiting for the police, my Mom, the girls, and I headed to the aquarium to begin our adventure. We had a very lovely time and there was so much to see!!!



This area has just been redone. They are slowly adding new creatures. So far the sea turtle and some little fish are there. This turtles front left flipper had to be removed because of infection. She is beautiful.


I have no idea what this is. Wild looking though!


Kaia napped in the Ergo for a good long while. Here she is finally awake!

Waiting for the dolphins.



Here they are!


After the aquarium we headed across the harbor to the Maryland Science Center. The Science center was rather disappointing, I would not really recommend going there. Ever. Unless they redid the entire thing. Seriously lame. We did get to go the Planetarium there though.

In the Planetarium waiting for The Night Sky to begin.

Kaia and Nana in the Planetarium.

Whooping Crane exhibit.


 After the science center we went to Phillips for some most delicious fresh fish. So yummy!



After a rocky start to our day, we had quite the fun filled adventure. Come sun set it was time to head back to Lancaster. Kaia still does not like the car, but if I am not the one driving it is possible... Exhausting, but possible.

No comments: