Well, it looks like we are having a girl!
Long story short, Tony really really really wanted to know and I did not want to know at all. (We never found out with Akilah and it was the most amazing surprise EVER.)
However, marriage is definitely about compromise and Tony was really adamant about finding out. He even made the appointment and on Friday we all went as family.
Honestly ultrasounds completely freak me out and I couldn't really tell what we were looking at. (At one point I think I said something about looking at a chicken.) Thankfully it took less than a couple minutes so hopefully no trauma was involved. (I, surprise surprise, felt incredibly nauseous and at one point had to run to the bathroom to vomit so the whole event was a little challenging.)
Akilah's initial reaction was "I don't want a sister, I want a brother." Of course. Be difficult. But then I reminded her about Kathryn, her new little cousin, and Akilah was all smiles. She is going to be a wonderful big sister and we are thrilled to add another member to our family!
1 comment:
Congrats on the great news! Girls are wonderful!
Post a Comment