December 27, 2012

Canoe!

The time has come at last for us to own a canoe! Tony and I have wanted one for years. Eight years in fact, the same number of years since we left Outward Bound's paddling haven known as the Everglades and moved to Asheville.

Tony found an Old Town Discovery on Craigslist and yay, now it is ours! Conveniently it fits perfectly on the racks on the Element.

Akilah is very excited to learn to paddle and to fish. She was also very excited for snow, but we have not gotten more than a dusting so far this winter. So she went into the backyard to play in the canoe that blew over in the wind instead.

My kidneys/back were still bothering me so I was not moving around much and therefore snapped these photos from our kitchen window.



Oh look! Tony's old bucket from OB made it into this photo. Ahhh memories.

She was excited to sit in all the different spots and I taught her what a thwart is. Now it's time to find some fun flat water! (We really want nothing to do with whitewater... hence the Discovery.)

No comments: