Akilah started Kindergarten on Wednesday. This has been a rather difficult week for us and she was very upset about going to school on the first day. She cried for hours and it lasted until we were walking (Kaia was on my back and I was carrying Akilah in my arms) up to the school from our car and hit the wooded section of trail. Upon reaching the woods I set her down on the ground and she happily walked the rest of the way. I spared her the first day of school photo because she was so upset.
Fast forward to Wednesday afternoon... Akilah came home from school and slept. She woke up, didn't eat dinner, cried about not wanting to go to school, and slept some more. She had a fever. (Maybe only her 2nd ever one; what crappy timing!) So she ended up missing Thursday, what would have been her second day of school.
Fast forward to today, Friday. Woooo! She was feeling better! Still not stoked (at all) about going. But she was fine once we arrived and began our walk up the hill and through the woods. She had a lovely day and even went as far to say that she had fun and likes school. Weeeeeew.
I took one photo today before we left for school and then my battery died.
I thought Akilah going off to Kindergarten would feel like more of a big deal, but after everything that has been going on, it feels oddly normal.

No comments:
Post a Comment