August 6, 2013

Oh Squash

Our hybrid mystery squash needed processing.

I lost count of how many there were. It felt like a ton!
Today was the day; I wasn't about to let them go bad! We grew them and didn't get to harvest much from our summer garden, so I was pretty excited to spend the day in the kitchen.

13 cups purée (all of which I have frozen in 1 cup portions):

10 cups grated made into:

savory zucchini muffins:
This is a terrible photo, but these are really tasty; especially dunked in soup, or our case, stew.

5 loaves of grain free zucchini bread



Paleo zucchini spice muffins:
These are just okay; I wouldn't jump at the chance to make them again. Akilah is a huge fan though. I added the chocolate chips just for fun (they aren't in the recipe).


I still have 3 cups of grated left that I froze to make zucchini bake with later this week...

Edited: Later this evening I went to the basement to do laundry and found 2 more squash on the dryer. Aye!

I also have this one that I baked and didn't do anything with. I shoved it in the fridge for now...
 

No comments: