October 2, 2012

more 19 weeks

I just had my 19 week prenatal appointment with my midwife. I am now 2 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight!

I woke up really nauseous in the middle of the night last night with insomnia and vomiting. So very wrong.

I have tried every possible remedy for nausea and vomiting - acupuncture, homeopathy, herbs, sea bands, the Del Vecchio Clinic, energy healing, chiropractic, and drugs - Zofran (oral, IV, and oral dissolving tablets), Reglan (oral tablets), Phenergan (both IV and suppository), the vitamin B6 and Unisom combination. And after being in and out of the hospital, I have discovered that the actual zofran brand helps with the vomiting (because that is what they give me when I am either in the ER or the MFU), but not so much with the nausea. But the pharmacy always gives me the generic version oral dissolving tablets for at home and it eventually stops helping at all. So this past week I have been on a mission to get the actual Zofran, and my midwife wrote me a prescription that says that substitution is not permitted. But of course there is currently a national shortage on Zofran. WTF?!?!?
Oh that and in order for my pregnancy medicaid to cover the script, all this paperwork has to be done so it might take a few more days. Obviously the fact that paying for the script now will help increase my chances of not needing to go back to the hospital for another 3 days, which I am pretty sure is more expensive than giving me the damn meds. But of course people don't think like that...

Let's see what else... zofran causes insane constipation, so that combined with my inability to eat or drink anything other than seriously processed carbohydrates, white potatoes, and frozen orange gatorade makes for a pissed off and very dysfunctional digestive system. So add to the list Carafate, Mylanta, Papaya enzyme, Colace, and Metamucil. I am also going to try taking 2 TBSP of an applesauce, wheat bran, and prune juice concoction every morning.

When I was in the hospital they gave me an IV of phenergan mixed with benadryl. The first one made me pass out. Then I received it every 6 hours and it made me anxious, awake, and jittery. I asked them to take the benadryl out and it was much better after that.

To all the people that recommend eating little bits of crackers every few minutes or ginger or preggie pops, I will just have to laugh in your face... you have no freaking idea...

No comments: