 |
| Saturday morning breakfast. Tony takes such good care of me! Yes, I was craving pancakes, but not just any old pancakes, Bisquick (so very gross and horrible for you I know...) pancakes to be specific. And the farm makes their own raspberry (very sugar filled) jam so of course that is what is on top. Yum. |
And now a tour of the inside of our quaint little cabin. (Conveniently I do not even need to get up from the couch in order to do so!):
 |
| Bathroom on the left, kitchen in the middle, sliding glass door to back deck and kitchen table on the right. |
 |
| Other end of the cabin and bedroom. |
 |
| Kitchen table on left, and slightly dysfunctional gas fireplace. |
 |
| On the wall in the kitchen. Love it! |
 |
| View of Briar Rose Farm as we were walking down the road from our cabin. |
 |
| This was at someone's house along Duckett Top Tower Road. We were fascinated and stared at it for quite some time, trying to figure out what is going on. A wood fired smoke house? With water wheel? Not sure... Does anyone know? |
 |
| There were lots of fun old outbuildings along our journey. |
 |
| The owners of Briar Rose Farm are renovating this house and gave us a tour. 13 children were born in it and only one is still alive. He is in his 80's. |
 |
| A better view. |
 |
| Goats! They make goat milk soap and lotion to sell in their farm shop. |
 |
| This is the road that leads up to our cabin. It is really a whole lot steeper than it looks! (Thankfully we drove the Element, our car would not have made it.) |
 |
| Getting ready for dinner. (This HG Mama is still all about the biscuits. Good thing we live in the south!) |
 |
| Dinner time! Perogies, spinach fried in butter and cheese (yes, this is the only way I am able to eat veggies. I am baffled by how pregnant women consume veggies at all...) fish, and a biscuit. And no, of course I could not actually eat all that! |
 |
| Tony and I found Mastermind in a drawer, so fun! I had never played before. |
 |
| I tried to sit on the deck and knit but did not get very far. I am still pretty reliant on internet videos to instruct me with specific stitches. (I have been working on this romper for my niece for quite some time...) |
Ahhhh what a most luxurious, quiet, relaxing, wonderful weekend getaway!
We are so very ready to move to the country!
No comments:
Post a Comment