June 13, 2013

Akilah-isms

I love what comes out of the mouths of our five year old! This week:

A few days ago Akilah and I were talking about how families come in all shapes and sizes. This is not a new concept for her as we have discussed it many times before. This time around she stated that she wants to live with Kaia when she gets older so that their kids can have two mamas. So darn sweet!

Today Akilah and I were running errands in preparation for our camping trip. Akilah asked me what she was before she crossed the rainbow bridge.  I said that I did not know, but she might. If not now then perhaps someday.


From left to right: Mazzy, Silas, and Daisy. (I think. She likes to occasionally change their names.)


I need to remember to stop and wonder right along side her. Children have such wonderful lessons for us all!

A: "Mama, I want to live in the woods and pick my own food."
"I don't have a classroom. I have a yurt," said Akilah while talking on the telephone with her Nana.
Akilah keeps giving the dog a cast iron "throw up bowl" and waving a wand around. Annabelle seems very confused.
"Mama, I want to be a farmer when I grow up."
Tonight Akilah said "I am happy to be here."
 

No comments: