| Lake Powhatan in Bent Creek |
This past holiday season Akilah requested a fishing rod. Tony found her a red (her favorite color) one at the pawn shop. It is a regular grown up sized one, and she wielded it quite well today on her very first day of fishing.
We ventured to Lake Powhatan for Kid's Fish Free Day. It was a little crowded, but completely worth it for her first time. The WNC Muskie club was there helping to sponsor the event and Tony and Akilah marched right up to their table and asked for help with her rod. They set it all up for her and the sweetest gentleman named Carl set them up with a cup of worms and gave them a tutorial out on the fishing pier. Kaia napped in the Ergo while I snapped a zillion photographs.
![]() |
| Walking to the pier. |
And, yes, there are more. Lots more.
| My turn! It's been ages since I had been fishing. (Since living in the keys I suppose.) |





No comments:
Post a Comment