The week prior to my grandma's birthday party I decided to knit Kaia a tunic (matching this rainbow dress I knit Akilah for her 4th birthday) to wear to the party.
Thankfully Kaia is MUCH smaller than the 4 year old size. Regardless I was definitely finishing it the morning of the big event, but made it just in time!
I hope to update my Ravelry notes here before I forget the important details...
I also planned to knit leggings using the same purple yarn I used for the contract color. That obviously did not happen. Thankfully we have a pair of locally made merino Babee Green wool longies that matched perfectly!
I just LOVE this on her. Sadly I did not snap a photo of the girls in their dresses together. Akilah was VERY enthusiastic about playing with her second (I think? Is that what you call the child of a cousin? So my cousin's daughter?? Hmmmm... or first cousin once removed? I can't keep it straight...) cousin.




No comments:
Post a Comment