October 20, 2013

Garden

Jack Frost has yet to grace us and the remains of the summer garden are still hanging on (peppers and basil). This past weekend I made and froze a large quantity of pesto from the basil and spinach in our garden.

Here is my attempt (again) at taking photos. Perhaps I should actually read the manual or even take a class...

Spinach, arugula and lettuce. (There is also one random kale and one random chard plant in this bed.)

The row of kale on the left. The super small plants are the ones the bunny keeps eating. The goats (more later on that) have been taking care of the rest.)

Our bed of peas and beans. (Also the home of the rats. Damn rats.)

Friday's harvest.

I've never grown carrots before. I have no idea why, they were crazy easy. And the most delicious ones I have ever tasted!

I've been picking all the peppers while they are still green because it is going to frost any day now.

So. Much. Lettuce. This is what happens when one does not succession plant.

No comments: