October 31, 2013

Trick or Treat!

I had class all afternoon but rushed home to get ready to go Trick or Treating with the fam. We had a ritual to uphold! And we hit the streets early, as in 5pm early, when everything first starts. (Tony also had to leave town shortly afterwards.)

I had all the materials ready to make Kaia an owl costume. But it has been 70 degrees for the past few days and I couldn't imagine shoving a knitted owl hat on her head! But of course come time, it was chilly. Thankfully I had borrowed this pumpkin outfit from a friend "just in case"... It was either that or she was going as an 8 month old. Super creative, I know.


Walking to Vermont Ave.

Oh wait! We must stop at Universal Joint for a beer. (Plus it gave us a lovely place to wait for the friends that were to join us for the festivities.)


Akilah was antsy. So thought it fun to make ridiculous faces at all my attempts to take photos.


Horaaaay! Our friends are here!

Ready, set, let's go!

The folks on this street go all out! (I have discussed this in posts from prior years.)





Upon arriving home Akilah was thrilled to sit on our porch and wait for Trick or Treaters. Except, we don't get any. Thankfully there were some folks that I asked to come over so she could give them candy. (It was one of the highlights of her evening and she still talks about it.)

The little pumpkin was fascinated at the candy bucket. Shortly thereafter the candy bucket was left on the front porch for the Pumpkin Fairy.

No comments: