I don't often speak of "work" here in this space but something happened today that made me feel, um, old... and still cracks me up. - It was the last day of my First Year Seminar and we were watching a documentary (Mother Nature's Child - powerful and VERY important film; if you haven't seen it, please check it out). A student in the class took the initiative to locate the movie and bring it to class. We played it through the projector/DVD player in the classroom (which I always battle with; technology and I spend a great deal of time at odds). After the film was over I was about to eject the movie and quickly asked the student if he would like me to rewind it first. Yes, I said "rewind". HA! I had a good laugh about it and then my mind flashed to this hilariousness (yet oh so true - 40 signs you are almost 40) which I recently laughed my ass off about until I was in tears. (Okay, so I am not 40 yet; in fact I am only a little more than half way. Ha!)
Two days ago I was downstairs in the basement grading papers while Tony was upstairs wrangling Kaia. (Akilah was downstairs with me quietly reading while I was working.) I heard a significant amount of chaos coming from upstairs, gates crashing, footsteps hurrying, and then I heard Tony yelling. I came dashing upstairs to find Kaia on the floor of the kitchen and Tony yelling "wipe her off, wipe her off!" She had apparently eaten poop. ~~~ How might an almost 10 month old manage to eat poop one might ask? Weeeeeelllll, Kaia had pooped in her little potty and while Tony went to clean her up, he placed the potty on the floor in the kitchen (AKA the OTHER side of the baby gate). In the time between cleaning Kaia off and going to wash his hands, our super speedy adventure baby had busted through the baby gate into the kitchen, picked up the baby potty insert and held it up to her mouth. Oh my. Yes. Kaia ate poop.
Speaking of funny, this 10 month old's wish list is hilarious too! And so is this latest post from Parenting Illustrated with Crappy Pictures; may we all strive to be diamonds in that we don't give a crap about what others think. Just doing the best one can with this adventure called parenting, one day at a time.
And of course these two sillies keep me laughing!:
| Tubby tubby tubby time! (Kaia gets all excited when she sees the camera.) |
| So wise; just look at those eyes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment