December 1, 2013

Sewing Again

Yesterday I set out to begin sewing some much needed items. Kaia desperately needed some more pants, as winter weather has only just begun. She also really needs a winter hat (next on the "to knit" list.)

Here are photos from my baby chaps making adventure.


Step 1: Wing the creation of a pair of chaps from an old pair. In the spirit of experiential learning, I indeed learned many things from this experience. Great thing I get to make another pair and make changes based on what I learned the first time!
Step 2: Move on to making pair number two - Cut out fabric in a wing-it type fashion similar to the first time around.
Step 3: Finally give in and realize I should just go ahead and make a pattern already! This was the pair I had been using as my model. I found them on consignment in our neighborhood.

Step 4: Voila! Pattern done. No more trying to wing cutting out the fabric while doing 1000 other things at the same time. 

Step 5: Take lots of fun photos. Because, well, why the hell not.





No comments: