December 14, 2013

Oh the annual holiday photo.

Aye! What. a. project. I gave up on getting all four of us looking decent and in a family photo. (There were many days we planned on taking said photo though... Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving number 2, dinner with friends, etc. We just needed someone else to use my camera because goodness knows I can't work the timer.) After many failed attempts starts the goal then simply became: To take one photograph of both kids together. Woa. Simple. Ha! Hardly.

A superb summary of the holiday photo with children concept = this hilarious post from Parenting Illustrated with Crappy Pictures.

What follows is a series of a few of the millions of photographs I snapped; all the rest were deleted.

 I didn't even bother trying to dress the girls all fancy. (In this scenario, fancy is a relative term. At least they both would be considered fully clothed, one never knows what's going to happen around here.) In fact, Akilah goes from wearing her ballet leotard to black and orange striped Halloween pants because, well, why not. All I wanted was a photograph of the two of them together, smiling, and looking AT the camera. At the same time. Apparently that is just too much to ask.













Sigh. I do, however, enjoy looking at them all together in the strip so handily provided by blogger.

Happy fun, love, and laughter filled holiday season!

Who needs the same old same old kind of photo?! We surely do not.

[My Mom hand crafted our holiday cards this year (and there are only a few, sorry!) They are quite crafty with room for our photo.]

I do believe we will might send out New Years cards with photos from Spain. Adventure awaits in just a few short days!

No comments: