September 14, 2012

Quiet and Hydration

I just spent the past three days and two nights in the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Unit of the hospital. The plan I had with my midwife at my appointment last week was that the next time I vomited three times in one day I would go to the hospital and be admitted. Some ridiculous bureaucratic BS about the only way I could have a consultation with a nutritionist was to be an in-patient... So as an in-patient you have to stay a minimum of 24 hours. The dietician did not show up the first two days I was there so I was graciously gifted a second nights stay. I received non-stop IVs the entire time and am now more hydrated than I have been since the beginning of June. Every day I even got an IV filled with vitamins. Too bad they can't get their heads out of their asses long enough to figure out how I can receive such helpful treatments at home.

And that is all the ranting I will do about that... (but there is much much more...)

This is what happened when they tried to give me Phenergan and Benadryl in my IV. Ouch!

No comments: