Yesterday Akilah turned 5!!! I have no idea where the time has gone, 5 seems really big. It has been incredibly rainy here lately so other than leaving the house for a birthday adjustment by our chiropractor, we spent a quiet day at home.
 |
| Birthday breakfast - gluten free pancakes and tea (mullein, raspberry and elderberry). Yum! |
 |
| Birthday Lunch! - chicken, kale and broccoli soup in beef bone broth, more tea, and some toast. |
 |
Birthday lunch.
|
For her birthday dinner I took Akilah to Green Tea where she ate some sushi, miso soup and vegetable tempura. (And of course I forgot to take the camera.)
Tony had been away for a week playing on the Rock Legends Cruise and got off the boat the morning of Akilah's birthday. He made it home at 10pm so of course after a long lovely afternoon nap, Akilah and I were eagerly awaiting his return for a little family birthday celebration. Here we are lighting the birthday ring and singing happy birthday! (It was really really late, but oh so worth it!) Oh and we mustn't forget the tasty gluten free cupcakes I picked up at Greenlife. (Sorry spunk, Mama just didn't have the energy this year to bake. Next year when I am not pregnant. I promise.)
 |
| Tony lighting the ring. (A gift this year from Nana.) |
 |
| Akilah picked out her five figures - moon, tree, bunny, star, and angel. |
 |
| Akilah blowing out the candles. |
No comments:
Post a Comment