January 3, 2013

H. Squared. (warning - language not appropriate for all audiences)

I. HATE. Hyperemesis. (I do not use that word lightly, in fact it is on the list of words we simply do not say at our house, especially around Akilah.)

But seriously... hyperemesis and I have reached a point where it really needs to just go the fuck away or I am going to lose my mind more than I already have. Today I tried to eat normal, healthy food, you know, the kind that does not involve any sugar or starch. But noooo, anything not involving sugar and starch stays in my stomach for way too long, wreaking havoc later on. Nine hours later I violently threw it up (don't ask how I know it was that particular meal that was the culprit) and now it continues to feel like something is trying to burn a hole through my throat and esophagus. So much so that it woke me up at 2:30am.

Oh. And happy new year by the way. I spent mine doing an experiment of sorts; I tried to see what would happen if I didn't take any zofran for two whole days... Terrible, torturous times - I was thrown right back into vomiting 15+ times a day. WTF?! All those people that told me my "morning sickness" would go away by week 12-15 can just go bite themselves. It's not nice to be so very cruel. I am now 32 weeks and 4 days...This isn't just morning sickness and it has not gone away. (And yes I am counting down every. single. second.)

No comments: