St. Patty's Day completely sneaked up on us this year! Especially with Spring Equinox and Easter all this week as well and Tony's birthday two weeks ago. (I was the crappiest wife for Tony's birthday this year... New mamahood got the best of me and I was a huge slacker... All I managed was to make a cake and help Akilah make a sign and card. So very very sorry babe.)
So Mama slackerdom conintues... and the Leprechaun did not visit our house last night... SO we made cookies! Did you know that when sunbutter (sunflower seeds all ground up) and baking soda combine, it turns green?! I had no idea until I found
this recipe for Egg/Nut/Grain/Gluten Free Cinnamon 'Oatmeal Raisin Cookies at Against All Grain. Of course we substituted chocolate chips for the raisins. Yum!
 |
Fresh out of the oven and ready to cool! (The longer they sit, the more green they turn.
|
 |
| Yes indeed! They are green! |
 |
| Akilah modeling her green cookie, although she wouldn't stand still for the photo. Her excitement is contagious! |
No comments:
Post a Comment