March 4, 2013

Placentas (if beautiful organs gross you out, don't look here)


Yes, I definitely had my placenta encapsulated. And I would recommend doing so to any expectant mama. So amazingly helpful in oh so many ways (if you are down with that sort of thing.)
The benefits? Check this out. and this. and this. There is actually a ton of information out there about it, I don't need to find it all for you.

I feel pretty amazing. And way less hormonal than after I had Akilah. (I wish I would have known then too!)

Of course I wanted to see the placenta, it is, after all, quite a beautiful organ. I had also asked to see it after Akilah was born, but this time there is a photo! Yay! (I warned you...)

It's a little blurry, but there's the tree!


and into the fridge it goes.

Then it was put in a ziploc bag and placed in the fridge. Stacey from Bella Belly came to pick it up later that day, dehydrated it, made it into capsules, and brought it back two days later. I requested half raw and half traditional and take one of each twice a day. Amazing, completely amazing. (I also am having a tincture made but that won't be ready for another four weeks.)



We have a number of different folks in town that offer placenta services. I choose Stacey because I met her at the Joyful Birth and Breastfeeding Expo back in November. I had entered a drawing to win $25 toward her placenta services and won! Plus it was really lovely getting to meet her in person; I had not met all the other people, just found their business cards various places.

No comments: