Kaia is now 13 weeks old! Wow does time fly.
ECing is going really well, I am so very glad we decided to give it a whirl this time around. (We didn't know anything about it when Akilah was a newborn.) I am sure there are people out there that think we are crazy... To those skeptical folks I say stop being your judgmental selves and try educating yourselves first. Our children, our decisions. I digress...
I am generally not a fan of Wikipedia but the explanation here is pretty spot on. I believe I have referenced other sites as well
This past week we have had more "catches", which is incredibly exciting. Kaia wakes up from napping dry a good portion of the time so upon waking I hold her in position over the sink or over the baby potty to see if she needs to go.
We have now settled into our "system"; it consists of a prefold held in place by a diaper belt.
We originally had 12 of these unbleached prefolds in size infant and 12 in size standard. But Kaia has quickly outgrown the infant size and can't wear them comfortably with the belt on, they are not long enough. Thankfully Green Mountain Diapers was having a seconds sale on Cloth eez prefolds so I ordered a bakers dozen with the red stitching (medium) and we are back in business without needing to wash diapers every 5 minutes.
When we don't "catch" (literally) her in the sink or potty, we can tell when she has wet the prefold right away, thus changing it out for a dry one. This means we go through way more than a typical non-EC CD baby.
When we venture out of the house I put either a wool cover (we have a
few on loan from a friend) or a Thirsties Duo Wrap on over the prefold.


No comments:
Post a Comment