May 13, 2013

Mama's Day

Today I requested to have our water filter fixed, to be able to work in the garden uninterrupted (nursing baby exception of course), and to only be in charge of providing nourishment for Kaia.

I awoke to a giggling, smiley baby at my side. Love. Especially because we had the most awesome night's sleep. Ahhhhhh.

While Akilah was busy playing, Tony was in the kitchen making potatoes and eggs with spinach and asparagus. Oh yes, can't forget the bacon! Yum!

Akilah took her scissors out to our garden and picked me this lovely clematis. (We put it in a magnetic bud vase a friend gave me for my birthday. So lovely!)

After breakfast Kaia went back to bed and Akilah and I headed to the garden. "Mama, I LOVE to garden" are words that come out of her mouth quite frequently. So wonderful. We had our chimneys removed a few months ago when our roof was replaced. So Akilah and I worked hard to line the large garden bed with them and we finished today!

Look at all those bricks!!! It was incredibly fun but now my back thinks otherwise...
While working Akilah brought me a hot mug filled with coconut milk and a little bit of coffee! She and I found all kinds of treasures in the garden - marbles, glass chunks, random pieces of metal, volunteer corn and acorn squash, worms, grubs and slugs (gotta figure out how to get rid of those), roly polys, spiders. There is even a dead baby snake. Anyone know what kind this is?

(Sorry for the crappy photo. The lighting in the backyard was tricky!)

The doggies were big helpers too.
After the bricks were laid, the girls and I spent some time lounging in the garden.

Tony brought me a delicious mimosa. It took me all afternoon and evening to drink it.


So sweet these girls of ours.

Other highlights of the day:

A bath with LuSa sugar scrub.
Grilled local burgers and asparagus. (Tony even made homemade ketchup, he's a keeper.)
Our water filter works again! (Yes, I definitely leveraged mother's day to get this to happen...)

More snuggles and getting "dressed up" for photos:





Many thanks to Tony, Akilah, and Kaia for a most wonderful day!

No comments: