May 21, 2013

Nettle and Spinach Cream Sauce

Tuesday nights is "pasta" night at our house. We are currently in the process of eating everything in the pantry and then not replacing a lot of it, including gluten free brown rice pasta. After all the GF pasta is gone I plan to make my own "noodles" out of veggies. Until then, we have some eating to do. Not sure how we ended up with so much of it, perhaps it had something to do with an HG mama that couldn't function in the kitchen for 9 months...

This evening I made up my own sauce to put over some of that pesky pasta. It turned out really well!!! Of course I did not measure a thing, but here is what I put in with rough estimates so I could try to duplicate it again some day.

Bacon Grease (a few tablespoons)
Coconut milk (a little more than half a can)
Salt (Rosemary and Lavender Sea Salt)
Pepper
Stinging Nettle (an entire bag from the farmer's market)
Spinach (also an entire bag)

Akilah chowed down the entire bowl.


And so did Tony and I. Yumster.

No comments: