June 13, 2014

Armenia - Hiking from Jermuk to Gndevank

In Vayk we are staying with Jill's host family from the Peace Corps. We are so grateful for their hospitality; they are so sweet! Hopefully next year when we return I will understand more of what they are saying. This time around Jill is a superb translator!

Today we took a day trip from Vayk to Jermuk. Jermuk is a spa town with natural springs that have healing properties.

We have hired the same taxi driver for the next few days and today he dropped us off in Jermuk and picked us up once we reached Gndevank Monastery some 8 or 9 miles away. I took a zillion photographs; it was absolutely gorgeous! I will spare you all zillion...

53 degrees Celsius (127.4 degrees Fahrenheit)

Each one is a different temperature, increasing from left to right.



Walking through town, picked up lunchy items from a small store, and heading to Gndevank!












No comments: