1) You have children and 2) You are/have been an outdoor instructor.
We just so happen to fit both those criteria so have no problems with the subject. If you do not want to read about poop then read no further.
Kaia still tells us when she needs to poop although not so much by saying "poop" (although sometimes she does but there are other words she tries to say that come out similarly so it is rather confusing), but by doing a variety of things. Today she went into the bathroom and started to sway and attempt to sing a song about pooping that Tony made up. (Her words sound nothing like the song, but I have learned to recognize what she is trying to say; it is rather adorable!)
I tried putting her on the big potty(aka the toilet) which sometimes works and then there is no clean up of a baby potty but today she wasn't having it. (Tony caught her poop while she was standing at the kitchen gate.)
We have two baby potties and one was used for the poop near the kitchen and the other was in the bathroom next to the toilet. While Tony was cleaning the poopy potty, Kaia wandered around the house a bit and then the next thing we know she walked (all by herself) into the bathroom, sat on the baby potty, and peed. Yes indeed.
She is 15 1/2 months old. --- ECing rocks! (Especially as we start to get into the age of witnessing how she truly understands what is going on surrounding bodily knowledge.)
So of course we got all excited and I grabbed the camera to take a photo of the pee in the potty (Yep, I am that parent...) Tony had taken the potty insert out to show me the pee so the first photo I took was Kaia trying to sit on it again without the insert. Hilarity.
![]() |
| (She is carrying around a container of CALM that I had just brought back from the store.) |
Then we tried to reenact the scene and this is where it went things went wrong...
![]() |
| Yay! Pee all over the floor because she dumped it out while I was messing with the camera. Smooth move Mama! |
If we are out and about and she has a diaper on she likes to tell us when she as peed by saying "chi chi". It is rather adorable.


No comments:
Post a Comment